Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pregnancy #3

     I started this blog over the summer, wrote for about a month or so, then stopped for a couple of months. Well, I had a very good reason. We found out we are expecting baby #3! I was very under the weather through the first trimester and couldn't find time to blog. I also didn't feel right attempting to sit down and right a blog post when my house and family were being so neglected. (Kudos to the moms with several children who manage to do it all. Kudos!)
     I'm 17 weeks now and starting to feel better so hopefully I can get back to writing at least one post a week. This pregnancy has definitely been harder so far than my previous two. Nausea lasted longer and was harder than before. Ginger ale, saltine crackers, and Preggie Pops kept me semi-functional for about 14 weeks.
     We also had a real scare at about 9 weeks. That Saturday morning I started bleeding very heavily and was certain I had miscarried. I went in for an ultrasound that Monday, and the baby was still there! To say I was shocked was an understatement. I really hadn't had any hope all weekend. I knew with God all things are possible, but I just wouldn't let myself be hopeful and then have my hopes shattered. Turns out, I had passed two VERY large blood clots. My doctor was as suprised as I was. She said if it hadn't been for ultrasound proof, she was sure I had miscarried as well.
     I look forward to sitting down and writing about the things that are on my mind and heart. Hopefully, I'll get the first one up in a couple of days. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment