Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Aiming to Please


     Tonight we are having peas for supper. Why is this a big deal? Well, I cooked the same peas about two weeks ago, and my husband raved over them. They're the same peas I've been cooking the same way since we've been married for six years but for some reason, he gave them rave reviews. I felt like I had won the Good Housekeeping Award!

     Now this wasn't the first time he has enjoyed my cooking. I consider myself a good cook, but Dear Husband is a man of few words. So when he expresses his happiness with something, I remember it.

      They always say "A way to a man's heart is through his stomach". Well, I already have his heart but if I can show him I love him and appreciate all he does by cooking a meal he really enjoys, I am pleased to do it!

      Love is more than saying the three little words before we go to bed at night. I am making the effort to show my love and my desire to please him.

      "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children" Titus 2:4

      One of the best ways to love my boys is by loving their Daddy. If they hear Mama saying "I love you" to Daddy but never doing anything to show it, I am not preparing them for future relationships.

      I'm not saying that I am a perfect wife. I make mistakes every day, but I'm seeking the Lord in our marriage and praying that He'll help me be the wife that He wants me to be.

Linked up at




Proverbs 31 Thursdays

2 comments:

  1. Hopping over from WLW!
    Serving our husbands and families is one of the greatest ways to show our love and respect. You're setting a good example for your boys, and they'll look for similar traits in their wives one day. Bless you for blessing your man!
    Hugs from VA,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post! It's so true that it's the little things like this that really count. Last night we had pumpkin pie (in June...it seemed kind of strange to me) for dessert because it's my husband's favorite and I just wanted to find an extra little way to show him how important he is. The kitchen is a great place to cook up extra little blessings.

    ReplyDelete