Thursday, July 5, 2012

Getting Back on Schedule

Source


It is time to get back on our routine!

The past few months have been a little stressful, and the boys and I have completely fallen off track. We put our house on the market in the spring which meant keeping everything neat and tidy all day everyday in case someone was interested in seeing our house. That is a very difficult task with 2 energetic boys under 4! It also doesn't help that the agents tend to give you about 30 minutes notice to get out of your house!

Now, I am a creature of habit. I like to wake up knowing what I am doing that day. I like to have certain days that I do certain things. It guarantees that I almost always get them done.

Right now however, my chores are getting done on random days, getting done twice because I forgot I already dusted yesterday, or not getting done at all.

We've been in our new house now for almost a month so there's no excuse for me to still be so out of whack. I need to sit down one evening this weekend and plan what next week will look like.

I like for my typical week to look like this:
Monday:       Wash bedding
                         Laundry
                        Tidy up from "weekend mess"
Tuesday:       Clean bathrooms
Wednesday:  Laundry
                         Meal plan for Thursday shopping
                         Dust
Thursday:     Errand day and grocery shopping
Friday:          Laundry
                         Sweep & Mop
                         Iron church clothes for Sunday
                    
My weekend time is generally reserved for spending time with my husband. He works late hours most days so this is the only time we are allotted together, and I don't want to spend it cleaning. Luckily, I am blessed with a wonderful, carefree man who understands this and doesn't mind if there are dirty clothes in the hamper.

My oldest son, Batman, also thrives on routine and will definitely benefit from being back on schedule.


While I am planning my week, I will also plan our morning lessons for the week. We typically spend about 45 minutes to an hour a morning having a bible story/lesson and some preschool work.


He has really enjoyed the free preschool pages that I printed from www.1plus1plus1equals1.net/
 I intend to make another post in a few days about the lessons we'll use next week!



 

2 comments:

  1. I am a schedule keeper so I can appreciate getting back to a routine very much. Thank you for sharing at WJIM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to plan the up-coming week down to the daily tasks that are needed to be accomplished! I have been sort of "winging-it" lately and doing what occurs to me as the most obviously needing done/cleaned task at the moment. Its not really working for me. ;D I need to be more intentional. Because my mental "schedule" often fails me. ;D

    ReplyDelete