Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mocking God

Source

Why is it that so many people openly mock God and Christianity but when trouble strikes, they start asking for prayers?

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
Galatians 6:7

The same God that they have ridiculed they now want help from. The same people who they have made fun of they now want praying for them.

If you believe He's answering prayers, why are you so against Him the other 99% of the time?

If you believe He truly has the power to heal your loved one or comfort you, why do use Him as a punch line?

When they mock God, they are publicly demonstrating their rebellion against Him. They want someone to know they think it's all a joke.

I hate to see my God mocked. At the same time, it saddens me to hear someone making jokes about God then hear them asking for prayer about a situation. How can you mock God, ask for His help, then turn around and mock him again?

All of this was mainly brought on by a post on Facebook a few days ago. Someone posted a joke about God. Someone that had just lost a loved one and asked for everyone's prayers. Someone that routinely asks for prayers in bad circumstances. Their idea of a joke really offended me. At the same time, I have been so saddened for this person that I know hasn't accepted Christ as their saviour.

I immediately thought about "unfriending" this person. We haven't been friends in a long time and only "like" each other's statuses from time to time. Then I thought, "Well, I may offend her if I do that." It hit me earlier today. Why am I more worried about offending someone than what offends my Lord?

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

If someone is asking for His help, he is not totally ignorant of His grace. The saddest part is that so many of those will never surrender their souls to Christ. They will continue to mock Him until their dying day thinking it's funny.

I've heard nonbelievers ask for prayer a million times, and there is nothing wrong with that. If someone comes to you and asks for prayer, you should take it seriously and make it a point to do it. I just have a heavy heart right now for those that are lost and find humor in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment