Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Peaceful Morning



It is a very rare morning in our house. It may be a first actually. It's almost 6 a.m. and neither of the boys has woken up all night. Batman didn't need to go potty during the night. Thor didn't need to cuddle with mommy to go back to sleep. It is a truly peaceful morning.

Morning is the best time for me to read and study the Bible. Very seldom are these mornings so peaceful! Even through the usual chaos and noise, I find peace and guidance for the day in his Word.

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Spending time with the Lord each morning sets the tone for my day. I believe He wants us to seek Him out and pray for his mercies for the new day. It makes a huge difference (a bad difference) when I forget to stop or get too busy to stop and seek Him out.

It doesn't take long on those mornings before I realize I have definitely left out something very important! Nothing will be going right. The boys will be grumpier than usual. Mama will be grumpy! Then I'll realize, "No wonder I'm having a bad day. I left the one out who controls it all!"

Taking the time to put Him first in the morning, reminds me that He controls it all. The good days and the not so great days are all in His hands.

I've enjoyed this quiet morning and know it will soon come to an end. Blue eyed boys will soon be waking and needing hugs. God has blessed me with another day to be their mother, and I can face that day knowing that He's here.

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalm 5:3

2 comments:

  1. You know what? this is absolutely true. I know some of us like to think "Well if I just find some time during any point of the day, then I'm good". this is true to a point. But there is nothing quite like the first morning prayer. Maybe for some it may not be our full out devotional "hour", but it still makes all the difference when God is sought first thing. even for a moment. then later on spend a longer space of time in his presence. there are some mornings I can spend 45 min to an hour with the Lord. There are some days when that hour is split up into 5 minute segments throughout, because, it's just one of those days. his grace is sufficient and he knows our hearts. But oh those morning moments with our heavenly dad, is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather...I couldn't agree with you more. I strive to be in the Word of God before I do anything else in my day. Thank you for the encouragement and for sharing at WJIM.

    ReplyDelete